Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

A Very FRENCH Bridal Shower

I know this isn't baby related but I did want to share the Parisian Bridal Shower I hosted. At some point, we will all be attending a shower and I did a lot of DIY's that you can all do at home as well. You can also do this theme for a baby shower too!

I am obsessed with chalkboards. I do NOT have the best writing but that is the beauty of it! You can be sloppy as you want! Since this shower was French theme, I decided to mix a few french words on them and I stuck with pink, black, and white colors. I also drew the Eiffel Tower on all the chalkboards as best as I could to maintain the Parisian theme! Ha!





I ordered bags from Amazon and just stamped them with assorted Parisian stamps. The bags were for people to take desserts home and they also took home an EOS lip balm as a favor.  A lot of theitems on the dessert table were from Michael's. They have a lot of great props with Eiffel Towers on them and the light up tower looked great once the sun went down.





I made the Bride-To-Be banner with supplies from Hobby Lobby and glued rosette ribbon fabric on the top.



The vases were just mason jars that were spray painted gold. This was probably the easiest thing I have done as far as DIY'S. The tassel garland took a little longer and it was difficult finding all the colors I wanted but added a fabulous touch. The great thing about the garlands are you can just swap out colors easily. I am hosting another shower in September and will be swapping out the pink colors for turquoise colors. I had the console table set up as a place for people to leave their thumbprint for the bride instead of a sign-in book and to leave a message or advice for the bride on a spatula. Her and her hubby can read them while they are cooking.



The Cotton Candy station was a hit! People loved making the cotton candy and adding the gold edible stars on it. It was fairly easy to use once the machine was warmed up. You can use pieces of candy to melt or you can use the colored sugar.




I loved the bicycle prop! I couldn't find lavender so I just found some purple potted plants and put them in the basket. I added the balloons and a chalkboard and it turned out great!







A fun game one of the girls came up with is the box with all the items you would need for your Honeymoon. She passed it around and whoever remembered the most, won a prize. The box of items were also a gift for the Bride to take home!



We are currently in a drought situation in California so we have not landscaped our backyard yet but we still managed to set up a cute bar with Hawaiian Punch, Mint Water, and Champagne.

 

Here are some more photos from the Shower!









Toot-a-loo from the gorgeous bride!


Hope you can get some ideas from here to use! Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment