Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Hand Painted Globes-DIY




I originally got this idea after I saw a painted globe at Anthropologie for 198.00! I figured I could do something similar myself and find a way to make it work for an event I would be hosting. Alas, my brother got engaged and I knew his fiance loved Aqua. I got super excited and made this back in March for her Tea Party Shower in September, (I know, I am crazy.) The colors match her shower theme and the globe in general is significant because they are getting married in Mexico, thus this "Tea Party World Globe" was made!


Here is all you need:

  • A Globe (I found this at HomeGoods)
  • Paint Brushes (I used 2 inch thick for the main coat and small ones for the accent colors)
  • Paint
  • Newspapers (For the mess)
  • Gold Spray Paint for the base
  • Gold Leaf Pen

Be creative! That is the best part of this project. Whether you want to do flowers, boats, a map, hearts...the world is your oyster!

First I spray painted the wood base to gold.


Add two layers of paint to make sure you have a good coat to cover everything.


Start freehand drawing whatever you would like.


I filled the gold flowers with different shades of pink.



I went over the gold twice to make sure it would pop. 


Add caption

I added their name for a nice personal touch!



 
The Bride loved it!


XO

No comments:

Post a Comment