Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2015

DIY Pennant Banner! Easiest way

I have spent too much money on Etsy for things that are fairly easy to make. I finally decided to start making my own banners. As you saw in a previous post, I made one on cardboard and this one I am sharing is out of cardstock paper.

All you need is:
  • Cardstock paper of whatever design you want
  • Scissors
  • Sticker letters or you can write them out
  • Twine or ribbon 
  • Hole Puncher
I actually printed my own paper design and used cardstock paper to print it on because I am using this for a Bridal Shower and wanted it to match the stationary.

Trace the size of the pennant you want on the paper and cut. In this case, I was able to get two from each sheet. (Here is a free template if you don't feel confident cutting your own triangles)

Once you have your triangles, decide what order you want the banner and put on the stickers.

Punch holes on the two top edges and loop your twine through. Make sure you cut enough twine to reach both sides to hang. You can always cut off excess but if you cut it too short, you will be wasting a large piece.

That's it! I made a couple different ones for the shower as you can too. Some words for a baby shower can be "Welcome Baby" "Mommy to Be" 'It's a Boy/Girl."

Floral cardstock for a tea party shower



Trace and cut
Stickers are from Hobby Lobby


No comments:

Post a Comment